Today, I have another battle map for you: Neronvains Stronghold from the Rise of Tiamat adventure. If you don’t want to play the adventure, you could also use the map as a generic forest hideout/green dragon lair.
I thought the map of Neronvains Stronghold in the Rise of Tiamat book looked to much like video game overview map, but not much like a cool battle map. My group plays with a ceiling-mounted projector, so we can use all these great battle maps floating through the internet for our game. I designed my own battlemap in the summer for Castle Skyreach from Hoard of the Dragon Queen. For Neronvains Stronghold, I wanted a map to convey the mood of a green dragon’s lair. So I rebuilt the map from the book with free assets from the web. If you are running this adventure or are just in need of a cool green dragon lair, please feel free to use my map.
The map features:
- A hidden entrance to lair behind a waterfall.
- A lair of a couple of ettins.
- An ancient shrine to Eldath, the goddess of peace and waterfalls in the Forgotten Realms.
- Quarters of evil humanoids, serving a Green Dragon, including
- A sunken ruin, now used as lair by a Green Dragon. A hole in the ceiling lets in some light.
The battlemap was created with 100 by 60 squares. I have attached a version with and one without a grid below. For your convienience here is a version with a legend, using the same numbers as in the Rise of Tiamat book.
You can download the map here in 5000x 3000 px resolution, without numbers:
Trackback from your site.